That the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
That man is born with a fallen nature and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
That the final impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
That the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race, and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
That believers are to surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, subsequent to regeneration.
That our Lord will return, the dead will be raised and the final judgment will take place.
To learn more about the Church of the Nazarene contact ......
HISTORY OF HIGHLAND NAZARENE CHURCH
It was in 1915 when Herbert Glancy moved his family from Detroit to the small farming community of Highland, Michigan that the Highland Church of the Nazarene really had it’s beginning. In 1920 he invited a minister friend from Detroit to hold a tent meeting. The result was the organization of the Nazarene Church on August 21, 1921. The Highland Church was among the first Nazarene churches in Michigan.
The small congregation called Rev. Noah Houch as pastor and began the construction of a church on a plot of ground on the corner of King and McPherson street for one dollar. The congregation met in the basement of the church until the upper structure was completed in 1922. As membership and attendance grew, it was necessary to put an addition on the church in 1945. A second addition was added in the fall of 1954. Because Sunday School enrollment had reached the saturation point, a building committee was formed and plans for building a new church began in November 1961. Five acres of land on West Livingston Road were purchased from the University Of Michigan for $5000.00. The ground breaking was held on October 13, 1963. Construction started that week and was completed May 1964 for $120,000 with a seating capacity of 300 with an addition over-flow area to accommodate 50 people. It also contained a fellowship room, kitchen, church office, pastor’s study, nursery and 14 classrooms. The Dedication Service was held on July 19, 1964.
In September 1964, with 23 children enrolled, a day nursery school was established as a pilot test program for the Eastern Michigan District. In April 1968, the caravan committee requested a baseball diamond in the area behind the church. This was the beginning of many athletic events in this area. Another addition to the building was constructed in 1970 that included a gymnasium and more class room space. Storage space became inadequate and a garage was built behind the church in 1973. Rev. B. Michael Hefner, his wife Jandallee and daughters, Julie and Kathryn began their ministry in May 1995. "Pastor Mike" is continuing to serve as our pastor to this day. God has been good to us! It is with a spirit of great expectancy with which we are looking forward to greater days ahead!
In the words of Pastor Hefner, “Our focus is not on programs. Our focus is not even on people. Our focus is upon God and He has never failed. He will never fail!”